The alluring coastline of southern Portugal has long attracted those seeking sun-drenched beaches and attractive coastal villages. The region has been described as being ‘blessed with windswept dunes, powdery sands, ocher cliffs, and natural grottoes’. We have created an itinerary that takes in the coastline starting just south of Lisbon in Palmela and finishing in Lagos, staying in unique hotels ranging from pousadas to rural inns.
Only Great Explorations:
- Small groups, extraordinary guides, and authentic experiences.
- Each of our trips in Portugal has a local guide
- A ride you will never forget: Palmela to Lagos
- Order off the menu at restaurants you won’t find in guidebooks
- Distinctive, charming hotels too small for larger groups.
- We design and operate our own trips so there are only good surprises.
We also operate a biking trip in the northern Alentejo that includes Evora (2 nights), Estremoz (2 nights), Crato (1 night) & Marvão (1 night), which, although without the coastal attributes, exudes history, with quiet roads and outstanding hotels (the inns along the Algarve are more modest). Our most popular trip in Portugal is the one between Evora and Marvão but each trip offers something unique.