Only 1 hour south of Paris lies a region that since the Renaissance has been a favorite of kings and the aristocracy; the Loire River valley is dotted with fine chateaux, vineyards, and some of the most beautiful (and gentle) cycling routes in France. Our tour visits the most magnificent chateaux, the extraordinary gardens of Villandry, but also leaves time to explore the subtler aspects of a region that has much to offer.
Only Great Explorations:
- Small groups, extraordinary guides, and authentic experiences
- A ride you will never forget: our bike path along the Loire River
- A sumptuous picnic on the grounds of one of the grand chateau
- Order off the menu at restaurants you won’t find in guidebooks
- Distinctive, charming hotels too small for larger groups
- We design and operate our own trips so there are only good surprises
Well organized and guided. We discovered places we would not on our own.
First velo experience, wonderful !
We knew that it would be a good trip but we were blessed with our incredible guides, Veronika and Adrien who knew the terrain so well, who went that extra bit to ensure that everything was ideal for us, and we had fabulous weather.
The Loire Valley trip was absolutely spectacular. The guides were very professional and all aspects of the trip exceeded my expectations. I’ve already referred Great Explorations to other friends and hope I have an opportunity to book again and return.
Leave a Review