The French and Italian Alps need little introduction; Mont Blanc, the highest mountain in Europe, dominates the horizon and hikers and alpinists have long been drawn to this region to feast (pun intended) upon it. We first stay in the lovely alpine village of Megève; with its pitch-roofed architecture and rural character, the charm is immediate. Then to Chamonix, the quintessential French adventure town, virtually surrounded by mountains and host of the Olympics in 1924. Finally, to Courmayeur, in northwest Italy to bask in the grandeur of the Matterhorn and Monte Rosa. For hikers who want to combine the best of France and Italy, hiking on glorious alpine trails, this is a bucket list trip.
Only Great Explorations:
- Small groups, extraordinary guides, and authentic experiences
- A hike you will never forget: from to Plan de l’Aiguille to Signal Forbes to Montenvers and enjoying an afternoon beverage on the terrace of the Refuge de Montenvers
- Alpinists talk in Chamonix
- Order off the menu at restaurants you won’t find in guidebooks
- Distinctive, charming hotels too small for larger groups
- We design and operate our own trips so there are only good surprises!