Western Cuba boasts white sand beaches, turquoise seas, lush valleys and quaint farming villages where life is slow and people are chill. Visit the Sierra del Rosario Biosphere Reserve, and learn to salsa in the evenings. And of course Havana, with its art and culture (and vintage cars). It’s a place like no other.
Only Great Explorations:
- Small groups, extraordinary guides, and authentic experiences
- In Havana, our city tour includes stops at our favourite Cuban designers, including Isania del Rio’s Clandestina and Piscolabis Bazar-café
- Dinner in Havana at a favourite restaurant of Diego Maradona’s
- Entrée at music venues that you won’t find on your own
- Charming casas particulares such as Finca Kenia in Trinidad
- The best available bikes in Cuba
Before registering for this trip, decide if you are of the right mindset to travel to Cuba at this time. Hotels are not to the standard of hotels that we use elsewhere around the world. In smaller villages especially, options are limited – we stay in Casa Particulares, which gives us a chance to stay with locals and experience Cuba in a genuine way. Road conditions in some areas are not smooth and potholes are common. Itinerary changes may be required due to things beyond our control. With appropriate expectations, we are confident you will enjoy this amazing country at this amazing time.