This trip combines cycling with yachting along the Turkish coast, where the Mediterranean is never far. Outstanding monuments from the Ottoman Empire, delicious cuisine and friendly locals eager to welcome visitors ensure rewarding travel. Highlights include the resort town of Bodrum, the archaelogical site of Dalyan where cliffside tombs stand testament to a time forgotten, the exotic and charming towns of Kalkan and Kas, and the Ottoman city of Antalya, where we treat you to an ancient hammam and the luxuries of the Hotel Alp Pasa.
Only Great Explorations:
- Small groups, extraordinary guides, and authentic experiences.
- Each of our trips in Turkey has a local guide and support vehicle driver.- traveling with us every day, they add immensely to the experience.
- A ride you will never forget: Kalkan to Kas on our coastal route with lunch on arrival at the sublime Doy Doy restaurant.
- Our private yacht, with captain and crew and a chance to sail.
- Order off the menu at restaurants you won’t find in guidebooks, such as Kokadon, in Bodrum.
- Distinctive, charming hotels too small for larger groups.
- We design and operate our own trips so there are only good surprises.
In Turkey we offer extensions to both Istanbul and Cappadocia. Although the Istanbul extension would normally be done before your trip and the Cappadocia afterwards, you can do them before or after. See prices and inclusions below.