This trip combines cycling with yachting along the Turkish coast, where the Mediterranean is never far. Outstanding monuments from the Ottoman Empire, delicious cuisine and friendly locals eager to welcome visitors ensure rewarding travel. Highlights include the resort town of Bodrum, the archaeological site of Dalyan where cliffside tombs stand testament to a time forgotten, the exotic and charming towns of Kalkan and Kas, and the Ottoman city of Antalya, where we treat you to the luxuries of the Ruin Adalia Hotel.
Only Great Explorations:
- Small groups, extraordinary guides, and authentic experiences.
- Each of our trips in Turkey has a local guide and support vehicle driver.- traveling with us every day, they add immensely to the experience.
- A ride you will never forget: Kalkan to Kas and so many others.
- Our private yacht, with captain and crew and superb food.
- Order off the menu at restaurants you won’t find in guidebooks.
- Distinctive, charming hotels too small for larger groups.
- We design and operate our own trips so there are only good surprises.
In Turkey we offer extensions to both Istanbul and Cappadocia. Although the Istanbul extension would normally be done before your trip and the Cappadocia afterwards, you can do them before or after. See prices and inclusions below.
Turkey has seen many improvements over the years, particularly road paving and bike lanes (and some lovely new hotels). On our Luxe trip, we stay in the best hotels available (see hotel tab for descriptions) and use a deluxe yacht for 3 nights we are confident you will thoroughly enjoy. On the 12 day trip, there is up to 8 days cycling (no cycling on arrival or departure day and there are two other days with non-biking activities).