This trip combines cycling with yachting along the Turkish coast, where the Mediterranean is never far. Outstanding monuments from the Ottoman Empire, delicious cuisine and friendly locals eager to welcome visitors ensure rewarding travel. Highlights include the resort town of Bodrum, the archaeological site of Dalyan where cliffside tombs stand testament to a time forgotten, the exotic and charming towns of Kalkan and Kas, the stunning beaches at Izutu and Olympos and the Ottoman city of Antalya.
Only Great Explorations:
- Small groups, extraordinary guides, and authentic experiences.
- Each of our trips in Turkey has a local guide and support vehicle driver.- traveling with us every day, they add immensely to the experience.
- A ride you will never forget: Kalkan to Kas and so many others.
- Our private yacht, with captain and crew and superb food.
- Order off the menu at restaurants you won’t find in guidebooks.
- Distinctive, charming hotels too small for larger groups.
- We design and operate our own trips so there are only good surprises.
In Turkey we offer extensions to both Istanbul and Cappadocia. Although the Istanbul extension would normally be done before your trip and the Cappadocia afterwards, you can do them before or after. See prices and inclusions below.
Turkey has seen many improvements over the years, particularly road paving and bike lanes. And some great new hotels, some of which are quite swish; others are casual but have superb locations or other reasons we stay there. We stay in a variety of hotels on this trip, and we hope you’ll find each authentic, comfortable and memorable.