The Tour de France will be celebrating its centenary in 2019 – the first was held in 1919. Great Explorations will be back at the Tour in 2019 and eagerly awaits the chase for the yellow jersey. For us, going to the Tour has been as much about our ride as watching the pros. Nothing can match riding on closed roads lined with thousands of fans, over hors categorie cols, joining in the festivities of the race. Team Sky will be an obvious favourite, but anything can happen at the Tour de France. Finishing in Paris, staying in the same hotel as the pros will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Only Great Explorations:
- Small groups, extraordinary guides, and authentic experiences.
- A ride you will never forget: Galibier, ahead of the pros
- Less time in vans means more time riding
- Order off the menu at restaurants you won’t find in guidebooks.
- We design and operate our own trips so there are only good surprises.
- We will see 6 stages on this trip!
On our Tour with the Pros trips, we generally try to provide options to cycle 60 km, 80 km or 100+ km on each cycling day. Although anyone of moderate cycling level may enjoy this tour, it is ideally suited to those with intermediate to advanced fitness levels. By this we mean you should be able to cycle 60 km at a minimum with some hills. If you have any questions about this trip, please consult our Travel Advisors.