Undoubtedly the ‘destination of the moment’, Tofino deserves the many superlatives used to describe this iconic west coast destination. Boasting spectacular kilometers of protected beaches (surfing anyone?), pristine forest including the Unesco Biosphere of Clayoquot Sound and a bohemian vibe, there are now luxurious hotels and fine dining experiences to match. Just down the road is a lesser-known but equally deserving destination, Ucluelet, rich in tradition with its own laid-back coastal culture. In 2022, a spectacular 40km paved bikeway that links these towns has been completed. With this addition, and the plethora of hiking options, plus some of the best sea-kayaking in the northern hemisphere, could there be a more appealing multi-sport trip in North America?
Only Great Explorations:
- Small groups, extraordinary guides, and authentic experiences
- Dinner at Pluvio Restaurant, ranked one of the best restaurants in Canada
- A picnic on a dramatic stretch of beach
- Order off the menu at restaurants you won’t find in guidebooks
- Distinctive, charming hotels too small for larger groups
- We design and operate our own trips so there are only good surprises!