Slovenia and Italy are the perfect pairing of countries to combine into one exhilarating bike tour. What’s to like? Slovenia is bordered by Italy, Hungary, Austria and Croatia and has been influenced in its cuisine, art and culture. The country is small with dramatic scenery, quiet roads to bike and some wonderful hotels. Starting in Ljubljana, you will have a full day to see the many sites of this city, with its Old World Plazas, baroque churches and dramatic castles. Then Bled, with its wondrous turquoise lake, and island monastery, and divine cycling, some along new dedicated bike paths that wind majestically through bucolic countryside and past aqua-marine lakes. If you need assistance over the Vrsic pass, we’re there for you with assistance. But don’t miss the unending descent down the Soca valley, following the serpentine Soca river towards Italy. In Friuli, Italy, you will ride through vineyards and orchards, and in Unesco World Heritage town of Cividale, you will, as we did, find heaven on earth. Did we mention the food is some of the best in Europe? We’ve got a treasure trove of ‘off-the-beaten path’ restaurants, wine tasting opportunities and other discoveries to share. This will surely become one of our most popular trips –go soon, before the secret is out.
Only Great Explorations:
- Small groups, extraordinary guides, and authentic experiences
- A ride you will never forget: from Vrsic pass to Bovec
- Order off the menu at restaurants you won’t find in guidebooks
- Distinctive, charming hotels too small for larger groups
- Wine included at first and final night receptions
- We design and operate our own trips so there are only good surprises