Described as the Mediterranean’s most alluring island with sweeping olive-strewn landscapes, starkly beautiful Greek temples and Byzantine mosaics, this island in the sun offers outstanding food and culture and interesting cycling routes. Our itinerary includes overnight stops near Vizzini, Ragusa, and Noto staying in charming and authentic lodging. Be prepared for some climbing and the reward of sweeping descents, along coastlines and through villages that throw out the welcome to visitors, especially those on bikes. Need inspiration? Read Francine Prose NY Time article; Enthralled by Sicily, Again.
Only Great Explorations:
- Small groups, extraordinary guides, and authentic experiences
- A ride you will never forget: each and every day, but especially our loop ride to Donnalucata and Scili
- The opportunity to order off the menu at restaurants you won’t find in guidebooks
- Wine included at first and final night receptions
- We design and operate our own trips so there are only good surprises
Straight Talk: Sicily is certainly unique; it’s beautiful with a colorful history going back 3,000+ years. The towns boast Baroque architecture and ancient palazzi and superb food and wine. If you have cycled in Tuscany, Umbria or Piemonte with us, southern Italy (and Sicily in particular) doesn’t have the same buttery smooth pavement that you find in the north and litter is sometimes found along roads here. Our itinerary takes these into consideration offering the best routes possible, staying in lovely hotels and visiting charming villages. Sicilians are passionate, proud and welcoming.