We first started coming to this region in the early 1980’s, attracted by quiet country roads to bike and wonderful scenery, with castles seemingly around every corner; the Dordogne retains this charm and now has superb hotels and restaurants. In addition, the prehistoric caves of Font de Gaume & Lascaux, and pilgrimage site of Rocamadour and others make this a unique place in all of the world.
Only Great Explorations:
- Small groups, extraordinary guides, and authentic experiences
- Entry to the extraordinary cave paintings at Font de Gaume where only a small number of visitors are allowed each day
- A meal you will never forget- dinner at Auberge la Plume d’Oie in la Roque Gageac, one of ‘les plus beaux villages de France’
- Learn falconry at the former castle of Josephine Baker
- Distinctive, charming hotels too small for larger groups
- We design and operate our own trips so there are only good surprises
This was our first bike trip of this kind. The guides were very flexible and accommodating and worked with everyone to honor each cyclists abilities and interests. We had a wonderful time and are looking forward to choosing a trip for next year !
This tour was quite honestly the most fun I have ever had on a vacation! Cycling was a fabulous way to explore a region in a
way that I would otherwise not have been able to. A great opportunity to bond with my mom without either of us needing to
carry the weight of travel logistics.
This biking vacation exceeded my expectations in scenery, accommodations, dinning, tour leader and the number of hills.
The Dordogne region is one of pastoral beauty and is made even better by the lack of traffic and the historical sites along the way. This bike trip is so satisfying visually and physically. There are so many beautiful places and things to see, and the meals and accommodations are over the top.
“Even better than I expected. Thank you for all the fabulous memories! The region was absolutely gorgeous – everywhere I looked was a picture postcard. The hotels were the very best in each area we stayed. Loved our place in Rocamadour, Les Eyzies was great too. Every meal was better than the one before. You chose the very best places for us. Thank heavens we were cycling to wear off all the fabulous food!”
Leave a Review