We first started coming to this region in the early 1980’s, attracted by quiet country roads to bike and wonderful scenery, with castles seemingly around every corner; the Dordogne retains this charm and now has superb hotels and restaurants. In addition, the prehistoric caves of Font de Gaume & Lascaux, and pilgrimage site of Rocamadour and others make this a unique place in all of the world. The Luxe trip offers the opportunity to stay in luxurious accommodation including the Centenaire in Les Eyzies, Plaza Madeleine in Sarlat, and Relais & Chateaux property of Château de la Treyne in Lacave.
Only Great Explorations:
- Small groups, extraordinary guides, and authentic experiences
- Entry to the extraordinary cave paintings at Font de Gaume where only a small number of visitors are allowed each day
- A meal you will never forget- dinner at Pont d’Ousse Michelin-starred restaurant
- Learn falconry at the former castle of Josephine Baker
- Distinctive, luxurious hotels
- We design and operate our own trips so there are only good surprises