We first visited this region a decade ago, attracted by the beaches, warm weather, stunning scenery and ecological diversity. With the development of eco-friendly boutique hotels Costa Rica and the recent paving of formerly dirt roads, the country is now more appealing than ever. The cycling is on roads where you’ll ride through lush vegetation, past volcanoes, rainforests and waterfalls. With opportunities to raft, kayak, zip-line and or hike through jungle beneath the vaulting canopy of ancient rainforests, the temptations are many.
Only Great Explorations:
- Small groups, extraordinary guides, and authentic experiences.
- A ride you will never forget- around Lake Arenal
- Order off the menu at our idea of fusion restaurants such as Exotica in Ojochal, where the setting and food are Costa Rican, yet accent, cooking style, and service are French. It will be a favourite meal of your trip, promise.
- Distinctive, charming hotels too small for larger groups.
- Our drivers/guides speak fluent English, which we feel will substantially enhance your trip.
- We use Toyota HIACE newer model minivans, which are air conditioned, roomy and comfortable and much superior to the older, smaller vehicles other companies use.
- We design and operate our own trips so there are only good surprises.
Straight-talk: In Costa Rica, the bike routes are on paved roads wherever possible; being Costa Rica, road conditions change – you have to be aware of potential potholes (and iguanas) and there is some inevitable traffic on some of the routes we use. The support van is always on hand, should you wish a lift at any time. Typical van transfer times (through scenic countryside) are as follows: D1- 2h; D2- n/a; D3- 1h; D4 – n/a; D5- 4h; D6 -1h.