We love Lonely Planet’s description of Cuba: “Cuba is like a prince in a poor man’s coat: behind the sometimes shabby facades, gold dust lingers. It’s these rich dichotomies that make travel here the exciting, exhilarating roller-coaster ride it is. Trapped in a time warp and reeling from an economic embargo that has grated for more than half a century, this is a country where you can wave goodbye to everyday assumptions and expect the unexpected…” For intrepid travelers this is the time to visit, as the country awakes from a deep slumber.
Only Great Explorations:
- Small groups, extraordinary guides, and authentic experiences
- In Havana, our city tour includes stops at our favourite Cuban designers, including Isania del Rio’s Clandestina and Piscolabis Bazar-café
- Dinner in Havana at a favourite restaurant of Diego Maradona’s
- Entrée at music venues that you won’t find on your own
- Charming casas particulares such as Finca Kenia in Trinidad
- The best available bikes in Cuba
- We design and operate our own trips so there are only good surprises
Before registering for this trip, decide if you are of the right mindset to travel to Cuba at this time. Hotels are not to the standard of hotels that we use elsewhere around the world. In smaller villages especially, options are limited – we stay in Casa Particulares, which gives us a chance to stay with locals and experience Cuba in a genuine way. Road conditions in some areas are not smooth and potholes are common. Itinerary changes may be required due to things beyond our control. With appropriate expectations, we are confident you will enjoy this amazing country at this amazing time.