Release and Indemnity
THIS DOCUMENT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Please read carefully before confirming. In the text below, ‘I’ means you – as a Great Explorations’ Client.
I am aware that any form of travel, including biking, walking, hiking, multi-sport, trip planning contains some inherent risks of illness, injury or death, which may be caused by negligence of others, the characteristics of hotels or other lodgings and its surroundings, physical exertion for which I am not prepared, consumption of alcoholic beverages, forces of nature, or other agents known or unknown.
I acknowledge that the enjoyment and excitement of adventure travel is a reason for my participation, and is derived in part from the inherent risk of such travel. I am also aware that medical facilities may not be readily available or accessible during some of the time in which I am participating in the trip.
I understand that bicycling or/and hiking and being near other people could expose me to COVID-19, and I expressly agree to assume that risk. I understand that COVID-19 has been declared as a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization; that it is extremely contagious and is transmissible through close contact with infected people (many of whom may exhibit no symptoms); and that it may cause serious illness, disability or death. I also understand that participating in a Great Explorations trip could put me in close contact with people infected by COVID-19 and expose me to the virus.
I also acknowledge that I have received no information from Great Explorations, its directors, officers, employees, agents or representatives that in any way minimizes the risks of such travel.
Therefore in consideration of arrangements made by Great Explorations for travel by me and its providing tour services itself or as agent, I agree to:
1. ASSUME AND ACCEPT ALL RISKS, DANGER AND HAZARDS, including without limitation, illness, injury, death, loss or damage to my person or property, in any way connected with travel arranged by Great Explorations for me.
2. WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I may have against Great Explorations in respect of such travel.
3. RELEASE AND DISCHARGE Great Explorations from any and all liabilities for any loss, damage, injury or expense that I, or my next of kin or personal representatives, may suffer or incur as a result of my participation in travel arranged by Great Explorations, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF Great Explorations.
4. INDEMNIFY AND SAVE HARMLESS Great Explorations from any and all liabilities for property damage, personal injury or death suffered by me or by a third party as a result of my participation in travel arranged by Great Explorations.
5. PHOTOS & VIDEOS I acknowledge that while on the trip, my fellow travelers, guides and Great Explorations contract personnel may take photographic or digital video and still images that may include my image or likeness (the ‘Images’). I hereby grant to Great Explorations a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free licence to use, copy, publish, distribute, sub-license, broadcast and post online the Images for any purpose including in connection with the promotion, advertisement and public description of the trip and Great Explorations. I acknowledge that I have read and accept the further terms and conditions set out in the Great Explorations trip planner and website.
I further agree that this release and indemnity shall be binding upon me, my heirs, next of kin, personal representatives and any minor accompanying me. I agree that this release and indemnity, and all rights and liabilities referred to herein, shall be interpreted in accordance with and governed by the laws of British Columbia and any action arising therefrom shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of British Columbia courts.
I have carefully read this release and indemnity and fully understand its contents. I am aware that this document affects my legal rights and liabilities and those of my heirs, next of kin and personal representatives.
I confirm and agree to this release and indemnity of my own free will after having a reasonable opportunity to review it.