Custom trips available and can start any date.
Jan 27- Feb 3
Dec 31-Jan 7
Jan 26- Feb 2
Nov 30 - Dec 8
8 days / 7 nights
20-40+ miles daily
Terrain:Moderate with some hills
Land Cost (current year):
Includes all meals
* based on 8+ pax
4-5 pax- add US $800 pp
6-7 pax- add US $400 pp
Additional Airfare for the regular trip:
- Flight from Yangon to Bagan on Day 2: US$120
- Flight from Bagan to Heho on Day 4: US$120
-Flight from Heho to Yangon on Day 8 (n/a if doing Extension): US$120
Single suppl: US $175
- Flight from Heho to Thandwe on Day 8: US$120
- Flight from Ngapali to Yangon on Day 10: US$120
These will be billed and charged on final invoice at 60 days prior to trip.
One of Southeast Asia's hidden gems
“This is [Myanmar], and it will be quite unlike any land you know about”, wrote Rudyard Kipling in 1898. More than a century later, Myanmar’s lure endures as a place where time stands still; the bicycle remains a favorite way for locals to travel- we’ll follow their lead exploring the treasures of this exotic land.
Savoy Hotel, Yangon
Overlooking the Shwedagon Pagoda, this polished, colonial hotel is 4 km from both Bogyoke Market and the Chaukhtatgyi Paya (reclining Buddha) statue. Refined rooms have hardwood floors and Myanmar antiques, and come with free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs.
Bagan Lodge, Bagan
This hotel is the top-rated hotel in Bagan. Luxurious, contemporary villa-style buildings with tented roofs feature airy rooms with wood floors. Large swimming pool and delightful grounds in a quiet setting.
Pindaya Inle Inn, Pindaya
This casual yet comfortable lodge consists of chalets and guest rooms, massage and spa services and onsite restaurant.
Inle Princess Resort, Inle Lake
Open since 1998 on a quiet inlet on the eastern shore of Inle Lake, this boutique hotel is luxurious yet welcoming with individual cottage-style lodging overlooking the lake. Locally owned and managed with superb service. Alternate: Aureum Palace Resort and Spa
Extension Sandoway Resort Yangon
This hotel sits on a pristine stretch of Ngapali beach. There are just 56 cottages and villas, a large swimming pool and excellent restaurant. We think it is the perfect extension to a journey through Burma.
Map of the Area
What's Included in the Cost of Your Trip?
What is included: Regular trip
- Services of one or more experienced Great Explorations guides and support vehicle
- 9 nights lodging
- All meals
- Wine receptions on first and final nights
- Entrance fees for selected historical sites and museums
- Detailed map and route instructions
- All baggage transportation
- All transportation from initial meeting point to final drop-off
What is included: Ngapali Beach
- Two nights at the Sandoway Resort
- Land transfers to airport in Bagan and on arrival and departure in Ngapali
- Meals (2B, 2D)
- Bicycle rentals in Ngapali for local riding (tbc)
- Note that flights between Yangon & Heho is additional (approximately USD$90-US$120); there are also daily flights between Nyaung& Yangon for the same rate. These will be billed and charged on final invoice at 60 days prior to trip.
Please note: Final itinerary is subject to revision; any changes made are done so in an attempt to provide the best possible trip given route conditions and available services. Due to the nature of our business and exchange rates, prices are subject to change. All prices quoted are U.S. dollars but we gladly accept payment in Canadian dollars also. Due to cancellations and waiting lists, trip availability fluctuates daily. If you have any questions or would like to confirm space on this trip before making your reservation, please contact us at email@example.com or by telephone at 604.730.1247
Need more details?
Download a detailed itinerary of this trip, which includes a day-by-day breakdown, activity level descriptions and other helpful information.
To receive a copy of this trip's itinerary, simply fill out the following form and the itinerary will be emailed to you directly. (Fields marked with an * are required.)